Peter has been a Consultant ENT/Head, Neck & Thyroid Surgeon since 1981 and was Chief of ENT/Head and Neck Surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London until 2016 when he gave up his NHS sessions to continue in private general ENT practice.
His secretarial office is based at The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Road, London SW1W 8RH and he has consulting sessions at the Sydney Street Diagnostic Centre, Cromwell Hospital and Harley Street Clinic where he has a wide practice in general ENT problems. He operates at the Lister and Cromwell Hospitals and the Harley Street Clinic.
- Pioneer in conservation, laser and functional reconstructive surgery to restore swallowing, speech, cosmetic appearance and quality of life for head and neck cancer patients
- Over 200 scientific and research papers, books and chapters, including two editions of an award-winning textbook on head and neck cancer
- Several research publications over past 30 years, describing a controversial new evolution theory, based on medical rather than just fossil evidence, to explain why humans are physically so uniquely different from other primates and all land-based mammals. At the recent launch of his new book: “The Waterside Ape: An Alternative Account of Human Evolution” Sir David Attenborough commented that “this is a very, very important book”
- Founder, in 2001 and Chairman of Oracle Cancer Trust, now the largest UK charity which has raised over £7 million for head and neck cancer research
- Listed in Good Doctor Guide since 1994